Wednesday, March 28, 2007

collecting coins- where it took me

I never imagined, when I started collecting coins, where it would take me. I was the curator of a large museum display (1080 coins, 36 cases, pictures, text, maps, and a book to go along with it- "Handfuls of Cash"), after I had catalogued the museum's 1800 piece collection, and later catalogued another museum collection of 3000 Asian coins. I became a small dealer, going to local shows and selling on eBay, and I have kept expanding my interests into other fields of numismatics. Now I am more interested in the South Asian and Persian areas. I like collecting coins because it involves history, economics, calligraphy (especially in the Asian and Middle Eastern fields), metallurgy, and culture, as well as valuable items that in many cases are also pieces of art. I hope you share my love of collecting coins. I am willing to help you as much as I can, answering questions and giving information. I sell on eBay as coinsnpaper , where I am a sometime Powerseller, selling assistant, and operate a store. I had no idea that I would be interested into all these fields, and be doing all of these things, when I started collecting coins.

No comments: