Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Collecting Coins- how I started

Welcome to my collecting coins blog. I have been a coin collector since I found a 1929 Canadian Penny under the surface of Okanogan Lake at Osoyoos, when I was a child of 9. I wiggled my toes in the sand, out about chest high in the water, and found something hard. I went underwater to find it, and this strange penny came out. I was not even aware that old Canadian money looked different, and I became fascinated. I started collecting Canadian pennies, and then collecting Canadian coins. I expanded to collecting British Commonwealth, Proof sets, World coins, and finally into collecting paper money. I then became very interested in collecting Asian money, especially Chinese, and became somewhat of an expert in that field.

No comments: